UPDATE: Please be aware that the date of the Fairness Hearing has been rescheduled to April 23, 2024 at 2:30 p.m. EST.
If You Purchased a Chicco “KidFit” Booster Seat Between April 22, 2015 and December 31, 2021, You May Be Eligible for a Payment of Up to $50 Under a Class Action Settlement
The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York has preliminarily approved a class action settlement that may affect your legal rights.
Please check this Website periodically for updates.
- A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit involving Artsana USA, Inc.’s (“Defendant”) Chicco-branded “KidFit” booster seats.
- You are eligible to participate in the Settlement if you purchased a Chicco “KidFit” branded booster seat, including the KidFit, KidFit Zip, KidFit Zip Air, KidFit Luxe, KidFit Plus, and KidFit Air Plus models, between April 22, 2015 and December 31, 2021. To receive payment under the Settlement, you must submit a Claim Form.
- The Settlement provides for cash payments of $25 or $50.
Please read this Notice carefully and in its entirety.
Your rights may be affected by the Settlement of this Lawsuit, and you have a choice to make now about how to act:
|Your Legal Rights and Options in This Lawsuit:
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
This is the only way to receive a cash payment provided under the Settlement.
Claims must be received by January 7, 2024.
Write to the Settlement Administrator to opt out of the Settlement. If you opt out of the settlement, you will not be eligible to receive the Settlement Benefits, but you will keep your right to be part of any other lawsuit or to sue on your own regarding any claims that are part of the settlement.
Requests for Exclusion must be received by September 7, 2023.
You may write to the Court about why you do not like the Settlement.
Objections must be filed with the Court and copies received by September 7, 2023.
|APPEAR IN THE LAWSUIT OR ATTEND A HEARING
You may ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement. You may appear in Court yourself or appear through an attorney at your own expense if you so desire. Written notice of your intent to appear in the Lawsuit must be filed with the Court and served on the Parties by September 28, 2023.
The Court’s Fairness Hearing is currently scheduled for April 23, 2024 at 2:30 p.m. EST
If you do nothing, you will receive no reimbursement. You also give up your right to be part of any other lawsuit against the Defendant about the same legal claims in this lawsuit.
- These rights and options -- and the deadlines to exercise them -- are explained in the notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still must decide whether to approve the Settlement before any benefits can be distributed. The Settlement Benefits will be made available if the Court approves the settlement and after any appeals are resolved. Please be patient.